Drive Oman Campaign
Drive Oman Campaign
Want to go on the ultimate adventure? Do you have it in you to make exciting content? Do you love making videos? You could win an epic adventure road trip across the Middle East, through Europe and all the way to the UK. Oman Oil Optimo Extreme Adventure Season 2.
If you love creating content, if you love making videos, if you love going on adventures, Oman Oil Marketing is providing you a platform to showcase your skills and fulfil your dream. This is an opportunity of a life time. You will be accompanying an experienced driver who will be driving the car for the duration of the road trip. As Oman Oil’s Optimo Extreme adventure road trip vlogger, you will be responsible for creating Social Media content in the form of photos and videos every day during the trip, to engage and excite OOMCO followers and make them feel like they are a part of the journey.
You will be responsible for capturing enough photos and videos during the road trip so that you can create a video summary of your trip 1 week after you reach your final destination.
The road trip will entail exciting stops and breaks where you will either stay at a hotel or camp.
To be eligible for this role, you need to have previous experience in creating content for social media, and previous experience with road trips and/or camping will also be beneficial.
The road trip will be divided into 3 phases, with a 2 week break between each phase.
There will be three winners for this competition, and each winner will be allocated a road trip phase. At the end of each phase, the vlogger will fly back to Oman.
Phase 1 - Vlogger winner 1
Tentative travel date beginning of October
- Oman - UAE: 1 Day
- UAE - KSA: 2 Days
- KSA - Turkey: 7 Days (Via Ship/Ferry)
- Turkey - Bulgaria: 5 Days
- Bulgaria - Serbia: 2 Days
- Serbia - Croatia: 1 Day
- Croatia - Slovenia: 2 Days
2 Days stop (Car Maintenance) Slovenia
- Slovenia - Austria: 2 Days
- Austria - Switzerland: 3 Days
Total: 27 Days
Phase 1 Ends. Fly back from Switzerland to Oman.
Phase 2 - Vlogger winner 2
Tentative travel date middle of November
- Switzerland - Italy: 3 Days
- Italy - Slovakia: 3 days
- Slovakia - Poland: 4 Days
- Poland - Germany: 3 days
1 Day stop (Car Maintenance) Germany
Total: 14 Days
Phase 2 ends. Fly back from Germany to Oman.
Vlogger winner 3 and driver will fly from Oman to Germany 2 weeks after.
Phase 3 - Vlogger winner 3
Tentative travel date middle of December
- Germany - Netherland: 4 days
- Netherland - Belgium: 3 days
- Belgium - Paris: 4 days
- Paris - London: 4 days
Total: 15 Days
Phase 3 end. Fly back from London to Oman.
If you have what it takes to be Oman’s next top adventure vlogger, submit a 1-minute video on your favourite place in Oman showing your charismatic energy, creative content creation skills, and passion for Oman adventure trips.
All videos need to be submitted by 7th October 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (T&C’s), including those additional T&C’s and policies which may be added or amended anytime during this competition period without any prior notice. All such new updates or amendments will be updated in the website.
- Oman Oil Marketing Company(OOMCO) reserves all rights to cancel and amend any aspect of the competition not limiting to competition information, format or the terms and conditions without any prior notice, any time.
- The competition is open to all residents of Oman, aged 18 years and above with a valid driving license. Preferable to have an International Driving License.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition applicants guarantee that all information submitted by them is original, accurate, true and they are the copyright owners of the video submitted. Any claim or litigation arises from the video submitted will be the sole responsibility of the applicant. OOMCO shall not be responsible or liable for any such claims and litigations.
- Only 1 video entry per entrant is allowed.
- OOMCO reserves the full rights to select or reject the entries.
- Videos that are visually not clear, inaudible, incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not within the time limit will be rejected.
- By entering into this competition, you hereby agree to give OOMCO all rights to use these videos in any electronic communication platform with OOMCO logo for marketing and as a business tool purpose.
- Selected Applicants will sign a detailed letter of undertaking with OOMCO.
- Selected Applicants will have to fulfil the medical fitness requirements.
- Selected applicants visa fee and travel insurance and the cost of flight ticket (if applicable) will be borne by OOMCO.
- Accommodations and meals as indicated (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner) will be provided by OOMCO during this entire trip.
- This planned trip and itinerary is subject to visas and other approvals required by concerned authorities and is always subjective and not limited to any possibility of changes in dates or route change or cancellation of this trip due to unforeseen circumstances or force majeure.
Assumption of Risk:
- By registering for this competition, the participant acknowledges that he/she is aware that travel such as an adventure trip, he/she is undertaking involves potentially dangerous activities, some in remote areas of the world, with a risk of illness, injury or death which may be caused by forces of nature, illness, or by willful or criminal conduct of third parties or by terrorism.
- The participant further acknowledges that weather conditions may be severe, adverse and/or unpleasant and that medical services or facilities may not be readily available or accessible or consistent with standards during some or all of the time during which he/she is participating on the adventure trip and that when available may not be of the quality expected.